BRCGS has issued a new clause regarding Food Safety Culture
This new clause Define and maintain a clear plan for the development and continuing improvement of food safety culture.
In summary, the clause requires sites to: Define and maintain a clear plan for the development and continuing improvement of food safety culture.
This plan must include:
- Clearly defined activities that will be completed
- Involve all sections of the site that have an impact of product safety (whilst specific activities may be relevant to certain departments or roles, overall the plan must ensure that all relevant section/roles are covered)
- An action plan indicating how the identified activities will be undertaken/completed
- Measurement of the activities (i.e. where they completed, where the correct people involved, were activities successful, any other learnings)
- Intended timescales for the completion of the activities
- A review of the effectiveness of completed activities
For more information on this clause, please Download BRCGS F837: Position Statement for Clause 1.1.2