Commodity Inspector (Modesto)
The primary responsibilities of the Commodity Inspector will be to assist in the commodity inspection department to inspect various commodities to include dried fruit and tree nuts according to the USDA Standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspecting various commodities: dried fruits or nuts.
- Will inspect commodities for quality and defects such as mold, rancidity and color.
- Responsible for sanitation in all areas to maintain a superior level of cleanliness.
- Performs all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner.
- Communicates with all commodity inspection personnel to ensure quality and efficient service.
- Maintains customer satisfaction and appropriate confidentiality.
- Maintain a professional attitude and acceptable working relationship with coworkers, offering assistance when applicable.
- Responsible for accurate documentation and record keeping.
- Assists commodity inspection supervisor as needed.
Education and Experience
- Applicant will possess a high school diploma or GED.
- High attention to detail a must.
- Must be able to do simple math: addition, subtraction, percents, and rounding.
All applicants must submit a completed Employment Application Form in order to be considered.
The form is available for download here.