safefoodally Safe Food Alliance
Safe Food is our Business
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director the Food Safety Auditor will have relevant food industry and auditing experience in SQF and/or BRC. The Food Safety Auditor will be a part of the on the job training program for lead auditors. This program consists of becoming a certified Lead Food Safety Auditor in SQF and BRC. The primary responsibility of the Food Safety Auditor is to conduct GFSI food safety audits at manufacturing facilities and sites within the food supply chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting all customized milestone deadlines.
- Conduct a minimum of 160 hours of third party audits.
- Must pass the ASQ HACCP Auditor Exam.
- Must attend the SQF auditing course and pass the SQF High Risk Auditor Exam.
- Conduct GMP and HACCP based supplier audits in a variety of food processing facilities.
- Must maintain confidentiality and impartiality in all aspects of work.
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures established by Safe Food Certifications.
- Ensure timeliness, consistency, and accuracy in all audit reports.
- Maintain auditing credentials.
- Responsible for working within existing ISO 17065 audit program and assisting with annual audit.
- Must maintain professionalism at all times: integrity, honesty, impartiality, and reporting any potential conflicts of interest.
- Assist the training and consulting department as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Science, Biology, Chemistry, Food Science or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a quality assurance management role within the food industry.
- Broad knowledge and experience of various food-beverage processing operations preferred.
- Knowledge of the dried fruit and nut, dairy, beverage, and/or bakery industries is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge in GMP’s, food safety practices and quality management systems, HACCP, and relevant government regulations is required.
- A minimum of 80% travel, including overnight stays is required.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal skills) and attention to detail.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org