Senior Operations Manager (Kingsburg)
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the overall day to day operations of the laboratory department. This will include but not limited to laboratory efficiencies, vendor relations, inventory control, LEAN process implementation, employee safety and regulatory compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement operational strategies to achieve optimal efficiencies.
- Oversees the operational functions of the laboratory department by continuously assessing various workflows and processes in order to identify areas that are deficient.
- Review and analyze production data and cost variances to eliminate waste and maximize production.
- Effectively manage inventory and vendor relations.
- Serves as the liaison between laboratory staff and senior management.
- Partner with laboratory staff to investigate and provide resolution to customer concerns and complaints.
- Directs technical laboratory customer questions to appropriate departments.
- Trains and develops direct reports to recognize opportunities and the impact to the overall business operation.
- Implement essential changes and solutions to increase efficiency and cost containment.
- Compliance with ISO 17025 standards and the successful execution of assigned responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. Biological or Chemical Science degree- desired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in production management or laboratory management.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with food production or laboratory.
- Working knowledge of budgets, financial statements, and statistical analysis preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, while maintaining a sense of timeliness and urgency.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
- Knowledge of supply chain, budgeting and test pricing/services bundling.
All applicants must submit a completed Employment Application Form in order to be considered.
The form is available for download here.