The primary responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician 1 will be to assist in the Chemistry laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve primarily in a production atmosphere as support.
- Responsible for sanitation in all areas to maintain a superior level of cleanliness.
- Provides routine preventive maintenance by daily cleaning, sanitizing, and disposing of trash.
- Performs all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner.
- Communicates with all laboratory personnel to ensure quality and efficient service.
- Maintains customer satisfaction and appropriate confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025 Quality procedures related to sample documentation.
- Maintain a professional attitude and acceptable working relationship with coworkers, offering assistance when applicable.
- Assists with washing dishes and lab ware.
- Ability to read quantitative data and enter into LIMS system.
- Prepares and sets up samples for analysis.
- Maintains laboratory condition (i.e.: equipment, supplies, quality assurance, and accurate records throughout all procedures).
- Demonstrates proper techniques (pipetting, labeling samples, etc.), and successful performance in proficiency testing.
- Prepares and maintain bacteriological media (i.e.: BPW, LST, TSB, etc.).
Education and Experience
Applicant will possess a high school diploma or GED; degree in Biology and/or Chemistry preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com