Under general supervision of the Executive Director the primary responsibilities of the Lead Auditor – GFSI Certified are to conduct food safety related audits at food manufacturing and distribution facilities and other related sites within the food supply chain. The audits will be accredited certified audits requiring candidates for this position to be a registered ASQ HACCP, BRC, and/or SQF Auditor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct HACCP, BRC, or SQF supplier audits in a variety of food processing and related environments.
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality in all aspects of work and adhere to all procedures established by Safe Food Certifications and its auditing clients.
- Ensure timeliness, consistency, and accuracy in all audits and audit reports.
- Follow and adhere to all required protocols and procedures of the certification body, scheme standards, and accreditation body.
- Maintain applicable professional development and training required for audit proficiency.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Food Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a quality assurance role within a food manufacturing facility and broad knowledge/experience of various food-beverage processing operations.
- Knowledge of the dried fruit and nut, dairy, beverage, and/or bakery industries is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge in GMP s, food safety practices and management systems, HAACP, QMS, SQF, BRC, and relevant government regulations is required.
- Direct experience performing third party audits (GMP, HACCP, GFSI). Must have an audit history log demonstrating industry experience and audit hours.
- Passed a recognized four day Lead Auditor (Third Party) Training course.
- Completed a recognized (two day minimum) HACCP training course with exam.
- Registered ASQ HACCP, BRC, and/or SQF Auditor.
- Primary production experience or pre-farm gate auditing experience is highly desirable.
- Must successfully complete a period of supervised training (witness audits) by DFA.
- Auditors are field-based. A minimum of 80% travel, including overnight stays is required. Schedules are coordinated with the certification body.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail. Bilingual (English/ Spanish) preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and scheme standard databases (e.g., SQF Reliance).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org