safefoodally Safe Food Alliance
Safe Food is our Business
Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager the Receiving Coordinator is responsible for receiving, accurately processing and coordinating incoming samples for laboratory testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and secure incoming laboratory samples that are mailed or collected through courier services.
- Log details of the sample into LIMS system.
- Enter laboratory worksheet information in to LIMS specific to customer’s needs.
- Create labels for each sample and verify to ensure information is accurate.
- Distribute samples to Microbiology and Chemistry or place in cold storage.
- Communicate with Microbiology and Chemistry staff on samples that require priority for testing.
- Track Sample Surveys.
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of the tests performed.
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025 Quality procedures related to their primary job/area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation techniques; good laboratory practices.
- Maintains contact with customers and works with Customer Service Coordinator for any customer communication.
- Answers telephone and provides information to callers and/or routes call to appropriate personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Applicant will possess a high school diploma or GED; an AA degree in Biology and/or Chemistry preferred.
- Highly organized, energetic, resourceful, and creative problem solver.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
To apply for this job email your details to Humanresources@safefoodalliance.com