Safe Food Alliance, serving the agricultural industry since 1908, is offering the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) required training for growers.
- Covered farms are required to have at least one designated supervisor who has been trained in food safety practices based on the Produce Safety rule.
- The first compliance date is January 2018.
- This course includes practical examples, record templates, the standardized training manual, and other resources.
- The training is approximately seven hours and includes seven modules: Introduction to Produce Safety; Worker Health, Hygiene, and Training; Soil Amendments; Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, and Land Use; Agricultural Water; Postharvest Handling and Sanitation; and How to Develop a Farm Food Safety Plan.
- Upon completion of this course, attendees will receive an official certificate.
- For clarification on whether this food safety training applies to your farm and information regarding future trainings, please call Anila Mehmood, Food Safety Services Administrator, at 916.246.2867
Upcoming Produce Safety Trainings
Register online at:
Register by phone or email:
Safe Food is Our Business